MSFT.guy released iPhone 3GS iOS 4 pwnage tool bundle, means with a little workaround in pwnage tool you can update your already pwned iPhone 3GS to iOS 4 GM with jailbreak and unlock support. Procedure is very easy, you have to add two bundle files to the DevTeam’s pwnage tool for Mac, that will enable support for custom firmware 4 beta Creation. Need less to say iOS is still in GM build, final build is now less than two weeks away.
Note / Warning :
- The bundles included in this release are not official because they were not issued by the DevTeam.
- You must be on already pwned 4.0 Beta / 3.1.3 / lower.
- iPhone 3GS and Mac OS only.
- This is for advanced users only if you don’t know, what you are doing stay away and wait for official Dev team / Geohot tools.
- Use this guide on your own risk, i am not responsible for any damage (if any). The procedure mentioned below is tested by me and it works.
Instructions to add custom bundles
1. Download the iPhone 3GS iOS 4 GM Bundle mentioned in the requirements and unzip to your desktop or where ever you want .
2. Right-click the Mouse on PwnageTool and click on “Show Package Contents”
3. Then enter “Contents” then “Resources” and finally “FirmwareBundles”.
4. Move the iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_bundle.zip to the FirmwareBundles folder and close the folder.
Instructions to Update Cydia in pwnage tool
1. move pwnage tool.app to desktop
2. Place data.tar in PwnageTool.app/Contents/Resources/CustomPackages/CydiaInstaller.bundle/files/
3. and then open terminal and perform following commands
tar xpvf data.tar
4. Launch PwnageTool (now supported for iOS 4 GM) and proceed normally with the construction of custom firmware, you can take a reference fro our previous guide to Jailbreak iPhone With Pwnage Tool (Mac). This way, Mac users can jailbreak the latest iOS 4 GM while preserving their baseband.
Stay tuned with us for your daily dose of iPhone news, you can follow us on twitter via @ihackinjosh You can also subscribe to our daily free e-mail news letter and keep your self updated with the latest of iPhone community.